Last updated on Dec 2nd 2023
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
OmaTheAKK is a volunteer-run platform that offers tools for mental and physical wellbeing to people around the world. In everything we do, including collecting, protecting, and using data, these values guide us. For the purpose of effectively offering these tools to Users, OmaTheAKK obtains some of their data.
OmaTheAKK is committed to ensuring the security and protection of personal data provided by its Users, and to providing a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. Your personal data will only be processed in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. Users are protected by this Policy, regardless of their nationality or place of residence, as far as processing and profiling of their personal data is concerned. This includes both the automated and manual processing of personal data.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- Changes to Information
- What are your data protection rights?
- International Transfers
- Privacy Policies of other websites
- How to contact us
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Amongst other information, OmaTheAKK collects the following data:
- Email ID;
- Date of Birth;
- Place of Birth;
- Phone Number / WhatsApp number;
- Postal Address;
- ID Proof(in rare cases);
- Profile Picture with Bio & Social Media Links;
You have the option to leave non required data empty at the time of filling up the form. However, as a result, we will not be able to deliver certain services which are dependent on the non required data like Kundli, etc
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
You directly provide OmaTheAKK with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data every time you:
- Complete online forms and sign up for any particular plan/program/offering/event that we offer;
- Contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post.
- Provide us your data through physical media like registration form, donation form, application form, etc.;
- Use or view our website (via your browser’s cookies);
- Contribute to any of our projects;
- Choose to support AKK’s initiatives as a volunteer or donor.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA?
OmaTheAKK collects your data so that we can:
- Provide you with information regarding programs, events and forum support, etc., that you have requested and/ or signed up for;
- Manage our relationship with you (for example, support activities);
- Establish contact with you through phone calls, WhatsApp messages, email and other social media platforms that you have consented to, to provide support regarding programs, events and forums that you have registered for.
- Monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website, and services and provide an enhanced and personalized user experience for you;
- Respond to your queries and resolve complaints;
- Provide any of your information that we are required to submit in order to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- Detect, prevent, investigate or provide remedy for criminal, illegal or prohibited activities;
- Undertake internal testing of our website, systems and services to test and improve their security and performance. In these circumstances, we would anonymize any information used for such testing purposes;
- Deliver joint content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (for example, social media platforms);
- Provide you with information regarding our various initiatives or updates on project progress;
- Process your donations and to provide you with the receipt;
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
Several technological and procedural security measures are used by OmaTheAKK to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the personal information we collect. Furthermore, we have implemented reasonable security measures to prevent loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. The personal information collected by OmaTheAKK is stored in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public.
Depending on the type of data and the objectives for which we hold it, OmaTheAKK will only keep your personal information after you have submitted an application for a specific amount of time. After this period, we will only keep your data if it’s necessary for us to do so in order to abide by Indian law.
No data is sold by OmaTheAKK to other parties for marketing or any other use.
CHANGES TO INFORMATION
At any point in time, you can change the viewability settings of your personal information for other users on the platform through the My Account section of your profile.
To modify your email subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the My Account section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the My Account section of our site. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
We at OmaTheAKK want to make sure you are completely aware of your rights regarding data protection.
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, please use the self service feature on our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
In order to protect your privacy, you may also be asked to provide suitable proof of identification when making such a request. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 calendar days. It may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or if you have made more than one request. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, Please contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES:
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Email us at: email@example.com